Evangelical St. Paul's Cemetery Photos
Esther (Kraus) Mabry was a member of St. Paul's Evangelical Church (now UCC) in Columbia, Illinois, as were were her parents, grandparents and even several of her great+ grandparents. Most of her ancestors were buried in the Evangelical St. Paul cemetery.
Several volunteers, particularly Judy Lindquist (a cousin on the Wenkel side), have photographed gravestones in Evangelical St. Paul cemetery, and shared them with their fellow genealogists on the Evangelical St. Paul Cemetery Page.
• Fred Kraus (1874-1928) and Katherine (Wenkel) Kraus (1879-1964)
• Daniel and Margaretha (Eckert) Krauss (not pictured)
• John Wenkel (1853-1918) and Margareth Sophia (Lepp) Wenkel (1857-1949)
Esther's Great grandparents
• Daniel Krauss, Sr. (1817-1887) and Catherine (Jaeger) Krauss (1815-1882)
•(Margaretha (Eckert) Krauss's parents are not known)
• William Wenkel (1831-1905) : buried with his third wife Christina (Schuckhardt) Wenkel
• Catherine (Stumpf) Wenkel (1835-1862)
• William Lepp (1828-1912) and Paulina (Wehinger) Lepp (1832-1906)
• Conrad Wenkel (1800-1858) and Henriette (Bierwirth) Wenkel (1804-1881)
• Esther's Krauss, Jaeger, Eckert, and Wehinger great grandparents did not emigrate to America.
• Wilhelm Lepp's father died in Oppenheim, Germany. His mother, Johanna (Leip) (Lepp) Reitz probably died between 1850 and 1860 in Waterloo, Monroe County, Illinois. She is probably buried there.
• George Stumpf (1801-1875) and Elisabeth (Keim) Stumpf (1801-1853) are buried New Hanover Cemetery (only George's grave is pictured)