Mini bio: William and Paulina (Wehinger) Lepp
Brief biography of Wilhelm "William" Lepp (1828-1912) and his wife, Paulina Wehinger (1832-1906). Their position on the family tree.
Wilhelm "William" Lepp
Birth: January 20, 1828 in Oppenheim, Hesse-Darmstadt (now in Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany)
Parents: George Philipp Lepp and Johanna Leip
--- 1849 emigrated to Waterloo, Monroe County, Illinois
--- 1851 worked in St. Louis, Missouri for a year
--- 1852 living in Waterloo, Monroe County, Illinois
--- 1861 moved to Millstadt, St. Clair County, Illinois
--- 1865 (about) moved to Columbia, Monroe County, Illinois
--- lived in Columbia until his death
Death: October 11, 1912 in Columbia, Illinois. Buried in St. Paul Evangelical (UCC) Cemetery, Columbia, Illinois.
Birth : May 14, 1832 in Dornbirn, Vorarlberg, Austria
Parents:Johann "Martin" Wehinger and Margaretha Einsle
---1852 (about) Immigrated to Monroe County, Illinois
--- lived the rest of her life with her husband William
Death: March 20, 1906. Buried in St. Paul Evangelical (UCC) Cemetery, Columbia, Illinois.
Marriage and Children
William Lepp married Charlotte Besch (or Best) on September 7, 1851 in Monroe County, Illinois. Charlotte died in 1854.
William Lepp married Paulina Wehinger on October 4, 1855 in Monroe County, Illinois.
Children of William and Charlotte (Besch) Lepp
--- Anna Maria "Mary" Lepp: born 1852, married John Gummersheimer.
--- Catharina Lepp: born 1854, died in childhood
Children of William and Paulina (Wehinger) Lepp
They had two sets of twins: Margaret and Fred, born in 1857 and Albert and Johannes, born in 1859.
*** Sophia Margaretha "Margaret" Lepp: born 1857, married Johann Conrad "John" Wenkel
--- Johann Friedrich "Fred" Lepp: born 1857, married Fancisca "Frenz" Steppig
--- Albert Lepp: born 1859, married Wilhelmina "minnie" Heiligstadt
--- Johannes Lepp: born 1859, died in infancy
--- Catherine "Katie" Lepp: born 1861, married Otto Ritter
--- Wilhelm "William" Lepp, Jr: born 1862, married three times: Elisabeth Lang, Caroline Lang, Caroline Sophia Haller
--- Emilie Elisabeth Caroline Lepp: born 1867, died in infancy
--- Wilhelmina "Mina Lepp: born 1870, married William Fred Schaefer, then Herman Mundinger
Posts about William and Paulina (Wehinger) Lepp
• Funeral cards of William Lepp and children Sophia "Margaretha", Fred, and William (called "William, Sr.).
• 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis
• Emigrants from Oppenheim, Hessen: the Lepp Family
• Our Ancestral Villages and Towns
• The Wehingers in Dornbirn, Austria - what the Fugger?
Off site links
• Funeral Card of William Lepp
• Gravestone photo: William Lepp (1828-1912) and Paulina (Wehinger) Lepp (1832-1906) at St. Paul Evangalical Cemetery in Columbia, Illinois.
• Death Records of St. Paul's Evangelical (Columbia) - with links to scans of original death records of both William and Pauline (Wehinger) Lepp